I totally forgot to mention this in the earlier post--the highlight of my day!
Okay, so after my crazy day at school, I devoured lunch and then decided to head outta there. I walked through the park as I do each day, but this time I stayed in the park the entire length, instead of following the sidewalk along the street (there was a PE class moseying along and I didn't feel like trailing behind them). I was just walking when I hear this "Good AfternOOn Miss Des-mOND!" being shouted by at least ten teenagers from across the park. There was a gaggle of my students hanging out around a bench, and they decided to try out the greetings we learned on ME! I started cracking up, shouted "Good Afternoon, guys" and kept walking.
I smiled the whole way home.
Sometimes, it's the silliest things.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments? Please share!