Saturday, October 30, 2010

Random Reflections

Reflection: Two months in.
Somewhere between the two month mark and the halfway mark. I am barely keeping up with lesson plans, and I still haven’t packed for the trip I am leaving on in three hours. I am treading water here. We are ALL just treading water here... but more on that later.

Maybe its the old churches, or the overwhelming solitude, or maybe its something else, but I feel like I have learned to trust God more/again. I enjoy going into churches, I am always drawn to light a candle and say a prayer. Whenever something starts to overwhelm me, I stop and ask God to help. Whether its something silly like praying for a weekend of good weather or the patience to get through my awful class or the strength to get out of a lonely moment, I feel like I can turn to God. Maybe its because there’s no one else around, but that’s also when we need Him the most. I know that this whole crazy experience was meant to be, even if some days I feel like I have no idea what I am doing here. Move away, meditate, and teach yourself that this is destiny. I have accepted this as my destiny, and for the next three months, I plan to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Please share!