November 20
Well, there isn’t a whole lot to say, because there isn’t a whole lot TO the capital of Slovakia. I had read about two or three things to do, and then tried to research any other information on it, but found nothing... So when I decided to make a day trip out of it (it’s only 75 miles from here) I figured I could at least see the highlights... the 5 hours Angie and I spent there were more than enough. We saw the castle (under refurbishment, so can’t get inside anyways) and the church where Hungary’s kings were crowned for centuries, and the funky statues around town. We also did at least three laps of their Christmas Market, eating sausage, chocolate-filled crepes (palacsinta in this part of the world) and gluhwein until our bellies were full. It was a nice trip outta town, a few more souvenirs to bring home, and another city and country checked off the world-domination list. :)
 |
| St. Martins |
 |
| the Hungarian Crown on top of the church |
 |
| Bratislava castle |
 |
| me and the UFO bridge |
 |
| Angie at Bratislava Castle |
 |
| memorial to the synagogue that was here until they bulldozed it for the freeway and UFO bridge |
 |
| I'll leave the comments to you.... |
 |
| Paparazzi |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments? Please share!