Germany...
Christmas Day, we arrived in Munich, or München. We checked into our hostel before going to the city center to explore—with it being Christmas Day, virtually nothing was open. There was an ice rink with food vendors by the McDonald’s in Karlsplatz, so we ate lunch there and continued on our way exploring the city—we didn’t actually go in any museums or churches, which in hindsight was kind of lame. We took trams and the metro as much as possible to stay in from the cold. We sought refuge in a coffee shop and the McDonald’s too. We ended up back at Karlsplatz and went ice skating! It was fun, and very Christmas-y. It was nice, as I was kind of having a hard time not being at home on that day, and the persistent gliding of my skates over the ice (and around the small children) was wonderful. We went back to the hostel to warm up, and then headed out to dinner. We ate at the famous Hofbrauhaus. It was fun, the food was fine, the beer was almost okay—I ordered a Radler so it was mixed with sprite “lemonade,” but I was only able to finish like a quarter of it anyways. I unfortunately deleted nearly all of the photos from Munich—I thought I had uploaded them to my hard drive, and was thus deleting them one at a time while at my friend Megan’s concert, only to realize I had two copies of the Austria photos and zero copies of the Germany ones. I am SO MAD at myself!!!
But, I digress. The beer guy was cute, the pretzel girls were not, and it was once again strange to be in places people from my past had been, but I had my own fun—and was able to get my own souvenirs!
But, I digress. The beer guy was cute, the pretzel girls were not, and it was once again strange to be in places people from my past had been, but I had my own fun—and was able to get my own souvenirs!
TO BE CONTINUED...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts? Comments? Please share!